Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Trendspotting

Jewelry with small beads. Lately i like so much this kind of jewelry and i have unconsciously include it on my curations every time the opportunity allows, like here, or here. Also here...to name a few.
So i decided i was going to just make a little post on the matter. I hope you like my picks!






There's a tribe in the north of Mexico called the Huicholes who made jewelry like this: intricate beading, colorful designs with very small beads. So i think that this trend may be related to the wonderful work of this indigenous tribes in the north of Mexico and south USA. You can visit this link to learn more about the Huicholes' jewelry and how you can help keep their traditions alive! I think it's great that many young/trendy jewelers are bringing this jewelry style to the main stream!

8 comments:

  1. Thank you for including my pieces in this lovely post ;) The Huicholes are only one of countless cultures throughout the centuries and the world that have used small beads for self-adornment. Each culture has developed its own stitches and color and motif preferences...providing an incredible array of choices for modern bead artists.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a wonderful post! Thanks so much for including my work here! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Carol and Rachel! so glad you liked the post :D
    Thanks for the interesting information Carol! i was born in the south of Mexico but spent most of my twenties in the north of Mexico (near of some important huichol ceremony centers) that's why i feel so drawn to relate this kind of technique with what i've seen in my country!

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are absolutely gorgeous! I am so honored to be included. Thank you! xo

    ReplyDelete
  5. uiiiiiii the first one is irresistibly gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Those are all very beautiful, I dont know how someone can have so much patients to do something so small and deailed... I really admire that.

    --Kim

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for visiting Leora, Mayi and Kim!
    Me too, i admire the patience of this jewelers!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you very much for show my work in so beautiful company! I'm very happy!!!
    Thank you!!

    ReplyDelete