Monday, March 16, 2015

A winter day


A while ago I made this little bronze house. I made it because I wanted a paperweight for myself and well, because I am obsessed with houses, so the two things came together quite nicely. I love my little house and I use it mostly as a small sculpture that sits on my desk, beside some of my treasures like my rock collection and old photos. 

Since the beginning I though I'd put it on my Etsy shop but I just couldn't get myself to photograph it. I think my mind works funny about my product photography: When I design something I see stories around the piece and my mind doesn't wait long to start imagining, seeing how these stories look, so it's not just the item but what's around it, what it means. And when I made the little house there was a lot of daydreaming and imagining about it so I knew the kind of photos I wanted to take to show it to you. When the particular idea/the plan for the shoot didn't quite translate good out of the daydream, I didn't push it, I just let it rest there knowing it'd come. Some weeks ago I was working on the studio and there was copious snow falling outside; the little bronze house shoot came to mind again and I said "yes, a winter scene. In a forest." And I started cutting the little paper trees. I put a piece of  white tissue paper covering the trees to make it look softer but I was delighted when the paper made the scene look like "snowing", at least looks so to me! hehehe, my imaginations runs wild, I tell you. You can see bellow how it looks without the paper. 

Anyway, the little bronze house as well as the photos you see here, are very special to me, I hope you enjoy them.


Available now on my shop.

1 comment:

  1. You should totally embrace Etsy even more now, with its ever increasing participants and more interesting goods on display. It is a powerful medium, and there are lots of things that can be done with it. That is up to us to discover and pinpoint how and why, so what what are you waiting for? Hahaha! In any way, thanks for sharing that! More power to you!

    Chris Hatcher @ Red Stick SEO

    ReplyDelete